Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Whether the weather be fine...

Or whether the weather be not
Whether the weather be cold 
Or whether the weather be hot
We'll weather the weather
Whatever the weather
Whether we like it or not.
About 15 degrees warmer than the morning.
That pretty much sums up where I am at right now. Realizing that sometimes you just have to weather the weather. Literally and figuratively. 

Long story short I was asked by my principal to take a reassignment for the end of the year. This has me back in the classroom, a place I started and loved, but have not been in for 8 1/2 years. Needless to say this has been quite the adjustment for me. The teaching part is fine, loving it. The not knowing where resources are, the time to prepare for the teaching has extended my day tremendously. I am getting to work as early as I can, which is when I tend to work my best, and staying after longer than I typically do. Add on top of that I was amping up my training for the Blue Ridge Marathon. Soon into this, I realized this might not be the best idea to try and plan a flight, hotel, and marathon run in Virginia. Soooo...I decided not to do Blue Ridge Marathon. Big sniffs of sadness. Truth, it hurt to back out of this one.

I sat down with my thoughts and decided to look at my "local"  races to see what I could do here instead. 2014 is my dial back year, so I hadn't signed up of for much, so that part was easy. I decided on signing up for the full at the Wisconsin Marathon and doing the half at  Cellcom Green Bay. I really wanted to redo Green Bay Full since it kicked my ass last year, but decided a Saturday race that I can sleep in my own bed the night before wins. 

Fast forward a week, and another stressful day and I was up in the air about even doing the full at Wisconsin. However, after taking weekend off and watching runners at the Icebreaker Indoor Marathon as a volunteer during the morning half marathons, helped me get back on running mode. Also, the 2 days off of work due to frigid cold conditions helped me get two longer runs in and feel great about that. So I am back on track and going to make running a priority no matter how many hours I work in a week. I will weather the weather! No more excuses.
My view during the Icebreaker

I need to remember the poem at the beginning of this post, I can weather the weather...




1 comment:

Rachel said...

I feel like I don't know anyone who is on track with their training this winter! It's been nearly impossible and there is only so much that can be done on the treadmill.

It was so nice seeing you Saturday! Thanks for cheering for me every lap. :)