I was hit with a challenge by a very dear friend from the “back in the day.” I love reading these challenges because it gives me an insight to the person behind the blogs, Twitter handle, etc. When challenged by Missy to do the challenge myself, I laughed because well, I basically write some race recaps, but that’s what’s fun, looking at all the different blogs I read and realize I read them all for different reasons...so why not, I’m game but sure. So to Melissa Emler of http://mrsemlerthinks.blogspot.com/ @MelissaEmler thanks for the kick in gear to have me post.
The rules:1) Acknowledge the nominating blogger. 2) Share 11 facts about yourself. 3) Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you. 4) List 11 bloggers. 5) Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they’ve been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you.
11 Facts about me
1. I have been married to Jason for almost 14 years. We married on April 1st-no joke. We have two lovely daughters that remind me how blessed I am every day...even when they are fighting and screaming.
2. Well if you are reading my blog, you know I run, but it’s my passion, love, stress relief, a gift that I never take for granted. Although I do a majority of my running alone, I enjoy running with people, and chatting away the miles.
3. I’m a school librarian filling in for third grade for the remainder of the year. Although I started in the classroom, I love my job as a librarian, surrounded by books and students. I can’t wait to be back in the library.
4. I email my mom every morning and call her after work every night, however, we get along better when we are not face to face :)
5. My Dad and I don’t talk as often, yet I look up to him in so many ways and continue to be inspired by him.
6. My three older brothers paved the trail to being the person I am today. They are about as different as three people can be, but have qualities that I admire and wish I had.
7. Tattoos. I love them, and continue to collect them. Just started a Medusa piece over Christmas break that I will finish with color in a few weeks. Although everyone says their artist is the best, I think LittleLisa @SkinnyBuddhaTat is amazing.
8. I have sister envy. Always wanted and still wish I had a sister. Thankful for the wonderful friends, and relatives that have been surrogate sisters to me.
9. One of my running dreams was to qualify for Boston, I did in October, now I have to decide what’s next...
10. I am finally at a time in my life where I can appreciate my body. Not because I am the thinnest/fittest/best shape, but because I realize the amazing things it has allowed me to do. Gave birth and breastfed two children, ran thousands of miles, and at the end of the day the reflection can SMILE.
11. I am more compassionate than I usually admit... I don’t believe in hate, I can be annoyed with people’s actions, the way they treat other people, the choices they make, but I always look for the best in them, and wish the best for them. Sometimes this is a smart thing, sometimes it ends up kicking me in the butt.
11 Bloggers I'm challenging:
1. Jamie http://runningdivamom.blogspot.com/ @RunningDivaMom
2. Rachel http://rachelreallife.blogspot.com/ @RachelDG
3. Amy http://amysrecipefordisaster.wordpress.com/ @amysdisaster
4. Amy http://mommyisnthererightnow.blogspot.com/ @electrichicken
5. Jillian http://www.heisereads.com/ @heisereads
6. Sarah http://sweetandsavorybysarah.blogspot.com/ @SnSbySarah
7. Paul http://plaviska1970.wordpress.com/ @RunningWild1313
8. Angie http://marathang.wordpress.com/ @AngieMaskeBerka
9. Nicki http://nickisnook.net/ @NickiinNY
10. Amy http://www.more-every-day.com/
11. David http://www.runningbecauseican.com/ @RunningBecause
My answers to Melissa’s questions:
1. What is your favorite knock knock joke?
Adolph ball hit me in the mouth and that’s why I talk this way
The only reason why is because my Grandpa’s name was Adolph.
2. Why is your best friend your best friend? Because she knows pretty much everything about me and still loves me. :) She can be perfectly honest with me even when the truth hurts.
3. What is the most important quality a teacher should have? Laughter, you have to remember that life in a kids eye is not as serious as it is in ours.
4. How long does it take you to get out of the house each morning? I’m a pretty quick turn around. Depends if I am running in the morning, but can get out in under an hour after waking up and that’s getting the girls ready, too.
5. What kind of vehicle do you drive? A Mercedes Benz ML350 Why? Wanted a crossover vehicle, had low miles, and it has an outstanding safety record.
6. Tables or desks? Hmmmm tables I think.
7. What was the best professional development experience you have ever had? I love attending AASL, surrounded by other school librarians, connecting, networking.
8. What annoys you more than anything else? The rustle of wrappers, candy, chips...I know it is a sound but it is soo annoying.
9. How do people know you love them? I listen, I check in, hugs, random texts, wish them nothing but the best.
10. Where were you on 9/11/01? Prepping for class in my classroom. Hubs called and then our Principal gathered us together to inform us.
11. How well can you juggle? Ha...I run for a reason I am totally uncoordinated.
My 11 questions:
1. Where is one place in the world you would love to travel?
2. What is your favorite book?
3. What do you hope to accomplish in 2014?
4. What race is on your bucket list?
5. Who is your role model?
6. What is your favorite chip?
7. If money was not an object, would you continue your line of work or do something completely different? What?
8. What is one song that you could never tire of hearing?
9. How are you making a difference?
10. Beer or wine?
11. Forgive and forget or do you hold a grudge?
Well mission accomplished. Thanks for the challenge, can’t wait to read more!