Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Mid year check-in

Crazy as it seems 2013 is halfway over with. I can't believe it! It's been an interesting year to saw the least. I started on the first with a 5K, have run four half marathons, 3 fulls, and one 4 miler. Not what I had planned at the beginning of the year, but looking back I don't think I would change a thing. I am only signed up for a half in July, August, a full in October and a pair relay 50 miler in October. My mileage at the end of June was 761 miles, not too bad considering I felt like I didn't run at all in May. 

Looking forward to continue to train for Chicago, summer running and I are not the best of friends anymore. I love summer though for the weather and  being off in the summer allows more flexibility in training, a luxury I don't have most of the year. My hip flexor near my glute has been bothering me a bit, but I am going monitor that. 
Second half of the year hoping it continues to go well. My mind is my biggest challenge for Chicago, my goal for that is to shut it up. What are your goals for the second half of 2013? How is your year going?

1 comment:

David H. said...

Awesome year so far. I'm so glad to have seen you in action! :)