Sunday, July 7, 2013

Freedom 4 Miler-2013

It should come as no surprise when my family decided to take a little trip to St. Louis I quickly went to Running in the USA website to see if there was a race going on while we were there.

I found a 4 mile race, that had a hotel deal to boot. Boom! I'm in. I promised Jason that it wouldn't interfere with our fun. So true to form, we were up the night before until midnight sampling the local brews of the St. Louis area. I woke up a bit before 6 ate and headed down to the lobby to pick up my race packet. I came back up, dressed, and went down to the start. There was a lot of activity going on it was fun to people watch. I lined up for the start, and positioned myself where I wanted to be. First mile clicked by with me starting off too fast, no surprise there (Garmin-6:35). I settled into the second mile and then started focusing on holding pace for the last two miles. The finish was slightly up hill so there was no dramatic kick, but it was done, it was still only 7:30 in the morning! I loved the finishers medal, it was a dog tag-perfect for the 4th!
Jason and Zoriana were at the finish-face painted and balloon animals in tow. I went up and got Natia and we walked around so she could do hers. Then we went back up to the room to get ready explore St. Louis on the 4th of July...more to come on that!



1 comment:

Debbie @ Live from La Quinta said...

Nice job and nice pace! I love finding races when I travel! It is a fun way to learn about a new city (or revisit and old one :-)