Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day 2013

Twas the night before a race and all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse

I was laying up in my bed
With 10 million thoughts running through my head

One of the topics that entered my mind
Was of you, Dad, and the year in rewind

Since the last Father's Day
We've shared some great times along the way

A mad scientist birthday for Natia Dea
Taking trips with Phyllis across the country

Science Fair judging at ICS
Spring Break water slides with the best of the best

Running a half-marathon tethered to me
Putting a record in the books for the world to see

Reading books that I recommend
That leave you hanging until the end

Making sure Haleigh walked the stage
Helping her blossom and become of age

Tearing down a pool for really no reason
Running back to back races because it is racing season

Thanks for everything you do...I love you More Every Day
Instilling the knowledge "It's Such a Pretty World Today"



No comments: