Monday, May 13, 2013

Wisconsin Half Marathon


Not going to lie, I was not looking forward to this run. I had run the Blue Ridge Marathon 2 weeks prior, and Crazylegs the weekend before.  Neither of the two I had taken easy. Although I was looking forward to seeing my Ragnar team, I knew I had been gone, my National Boards are STILL not finished, and  blah blah blah.
The weather leading up to the run talked of rain, and like the time I ran it two years ago, I was not surprised, it was cold and windy.  However, Saturday morning I woke up in the 4s and it seemed like it was going to be a great day. 
I arrived in Kenosha about an hour before the race. I ran into some people I knew, saw my Ragnar people and their group, and it was time to go.

I felt good after the first mile, and then vowed not to look at my watch after the second. At the third I was still in the 7:30s so I figured, what the heck let's hold this and see if I can beat my time from 2 years ago on this course. One of my favorite parts about this race is the turn arounds. You get to go past people twice on the course. I saw a lot of the people I knew running, and it is always fun to shoot out encouragement to people and to get it as well.
I was a little concerned near the end of the race that I had missed the split for the half, but it was there, thank goodness no full for me. I finished-just beating my time from 2 years ago, but not a PR-but I was happy.

I found my husband's and I friend from college, Scott, and hung out with him for a bit. Ate a brat and beer with some Twitter running friends, found Linda and then the rest of the group. Although they might have wanted to go back to their hotel, we headed to Rustic Road Brewery and did two of my favorite things-drink beer and talk about running! Several people had PRs which rocks! It was nice to meet some new running people, and I look forward to running with them again! It ended up being a great day.

Even better we had a sitter for the night, so Jason and I got to spend a few hours out together, which seemed like we hadn't done in a LONG time.

PlaceBibAthlete NameCityStateAgeGenderFinish Time Division Place
1503499AMY ZEMBROSKIMUSKEGOWI35F1:39:562

1 comment:

David H. said...

Awesome race on some tired legs! :)