Thursday, January 10, 2013

Lice, Lice Baby

Lice lice baby
Lice Lice baby
All right stop
Collaborate and listen
Lice is back with its brand new infestation
Something grabs a hold of my scalp tightly
Feel like I’m itchy daily and nightly
Will it ever stop?
Yo, I don't know
Turn off the lights and I'll know
To the extreme I pick nits like a vandal
Light up my nerves and my stomach is burning hotter than a candle

Clean
Bum rush the linens and get out the brooms
I'm  killin' the louse like a poisonous mushroom
Deadly, when I searching for remedies
Anything less that the best is a felony
Love it or leave it
You better gain way
You better hit bull's eye
The lice don't play
If there was a problem
Yo, I'll solve it
Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it

Lice lice baby Vanilla
Lice lice baby Vanilla
Lice lice baby Vanilla
Lice lice baby Vanilla


Many apologies to Vanilla Ice, but this has been the bane of my existence the past week at our house.  We found lice in our youngest daughter on Sunday afternoon.  The cleaning and delousing immediately commenced.  To those of you who know my husband, cleanliness and order are a way of life....lice not so much.
Monday night we found 2 lice on my oldest daughter and 3 on me!  WTF!  (Yep, go ahead and scratch your head as you read this)
Tuesday I took the day off of work to "delouse the house".  We have spent mornings and evening nit picking and throwing our sleeping bags (no bedding for 2 weeks here) into the drier.  Hours on the internet for the BEST ways to rid ourselves of the unwelcome pests.
It has been an eye opening experience.  Hopefully we have conquered the beasts, but we are being vigilant for the next few weeks.
Have you ever had lice?
What worked for you?
Did you scratch your head while reading this?

                       Lice lice baby to go.... Word to your Mother!


6 comments:

MomRunningFromCancer said...

DANG! Yuck! We were lucky and have never gotten to experience lice. We certainly have had fleas and ticks!

The Office tonight was about lice ;-) Hang in there.

Michele said...

UGH! My oldest had lice last year toward the end of the school year. I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned. I swear my house smelled of that darn shampoo for weeks. The main thing is that you continually check for eggs and get them out of the hair. I'm so sorry- I know how horrible it can be. I constantly check my girls' hair now.

Melissa Emler said...

I put vasseline in addies hair! And i picked ger head everynight for rwovweeks. It was AWFUL!!!! But we survived.

Julie Stephenson said...

That lice photo was so gross!

amysrecipefordisaster said...

What a HUGE pain in the ass! I'm so sorry! We had a round of it in our house once when I was a kid and having curly hair means the combing through part is terrible. I wasn't happy! Hopefully, it's all a memory now but I can only imagine your vigilance!

Stephanie said...

We fought lice for over 4 months with my daughter who has dark THICK and a TON of hair last year. I tried everything including a prescription strength meds. Washed EVERYTHING over and over. No bedding, pillows or stuffed animals were left in the house unless absolutely necessary - all bagged in the garage. What finally worked? TEA TREE OIL! 5 drops Pure Tea Tree Oil mixed in shampoo and let sit on her hair for 5 minutes. Rinse. Comb out nits. Do it for 3 days.

Boogers showed up again 2 weeks ago and I had them gone in 4 days.
TEA TREE OIL - I LOVE YOU!