Thursday, July 12, 2012

Boulder Junction, WI weekend

After the Firecracker Four, we headed up north to my in-laws' cabin.  We enjoyed the long ride up with no kids fighting in the back seat!  We were super excited to see our girls when we got up there!
The weather was pretty warm when we got up there as well.  I was not too excited to sleep in a cabin that was not air conditioned.  However, right around dusk the winds shifted and a cool breeze came through.  We went to the airport (read: open empty field) to watch fireworks.  The girls enjoyed it, I was did, too, but was tired from the morning run and just wanted to get to bed.
After a so-so sleep, I was up and ready to run.  Jason went with me, and we did a 2 1/2 mile run hitting some hills, ugh!  After our run, we had coffee by the lake...ahhh so nice!
We spent the next few days relaxing.  Fishing off the pier, boat rides, I tried Musky fishing for the first time and LOVED it.  We went in to Minocqua for some shopping, including delicious mocha at Horhay's Java Saloon. 


We had a delcious dinner at the Minocqua Brewing Company. Good food, great beer!

Although the Runner's World Run Streak technically ended on the 4th, I want to keep it going.  So in keeping the streak alive I ran 6 miles on Friday.  Jason's competitive side showed and on Saturday he also ran 6 miles with me.  I loved it! 
Some more pics...
Musky fishing

My first catch off the pier

Natia jumping in!

Zoriana jumping in!

Jason reading brewing magazines

Pair of eagles

Girls on a boat ride!






1 comment:

MotherRunner said...

Looks beautiful. I'm headed off for a week at my cottage at the end of the month, and I can't wait to have my coffee on the dock too. :)